Hi, my name is Leon Harrell and I want to welcome you to the One Minute Music Lesson.
If you want to grow as a musician quickly by learning to read music and understand the fundamentals of music theory you are in the right place.
As a music professor I have taught many students these skills and I wanted to create a website to share this information with all the music enthusiasts around the world who do not have access to a music teacher.
As a new visitor to my site I recommend you do five things:
1. First, I recommend you sign up for my free weekly newsletter. You will receive a free copy of my book How to Read Music, as well as occasional free worksheets and announcements related to my teaching materials and online courses.
2. Secondly, I recommend you watch all my free video lessons, in order, on the free lesson page. Even if you already read music I think you will find some valuable information in each video. These free lessons are available for download on the One Minute Music Lesson Podcast in iTunes.
3. Third, I encourage you to participate in the discussion here with me and other One Minute Music Lesson fans. I offer a series of blog posts called Ask Leon where I choose questions submitted to me at email@example.com and my Twitter and Facebook pages. If you have any questions at any point feel free to let me know. If you are filled to the brim with questions and want to have a one-on-one lesson you may be interested in private lessons via Skype video chat.
4. Additionally, check out the recommend resources page where I highlight some of the best tools and websites I have used to help students learn music theory and how to play their instruments better.
5. Finally, if you want to learn to read music fluently and very quickly, I have written a downloadable ebook entitled How to Read Music Easily in 30 Days that is designed to give you practical advice, as well just enough music theory knowledge to improve your music reading skills dramatically within a highly structured 30 day method.
As always I welcome your comments, questions and suggestions. I am always looking for ways to improve this site and to better aide you in your goals of learning the various skills of music making.
Good luck on your musical journey and feel free to contact me at anytime via email at OneMinuteMusicLesson@gmail.com with any questions you may have.
Hope to talk to you soon,