Hi fans of the One Minute Music Lesson,
I wanted to give you all an update on the progress of the book. After collecting responses from you guys I am hearing that you want a book aimed at teaching you to read music fluently and so you can play more songs in less time.
So the book's working title is 30 Days to Reading Music with Ease and will contain 30 structured lessons on teaching you to not only read music, but with ease by teaching you the basic music theory concepts that allow you to "read between the lines" and see the hidden patterns in music.
Here are is a short sample list of topics to be covered:
- Reading Treble and Bass Clef through the unique gradually staff method I have developed to teach you the notes of the clefs with ease and precision to eliminate mistakes in the learning process.
- Learning to count rhythms at-sight so you can understand musical timing and conventional notation methods of rhythmic grouping.
- How to see the chords hidden just beneath the surface so you recognize common patterns like I-IV-V progressions.
- How scales and chords work and interact within the printed musical score that show you at a glance what keys to press or strings to pluck.
- How to "turn on the lights" to sight reading with techniques of sheet music markings .
- The crucial differences in simple and compound meters so you can read any musical rhythm without confusion or doubt.
This is the focus of the book so far, but there is still time left to give me your personal feedback about book material ideas through this survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SQCMNT7
What do you think so far? Does this book sound like the tool you need to become a better musician and stream-line your musical development? Let me know in the comments what you think.
Thanks for following the One Minute Music Lesson,