Hi fans of the One Minute Music Lesson,
I am extremely excited to tell you that I have something HUGE in the works.
Since I began the One Minute Music Lesson over one year ago I have been dreaming of opening an online music academy that is designed to be self-paced and focused on teaching the fundamentals of music theory and ear training in a simple and understandable way.
Well that dream is about to come true. Beginning on Aug 5th I will be opening the doors to the beta version of my members only music academy. This beta version of the academy will be available to a very limited number of students so I can design the most effective training material for the release of the full academy later this year.
This beta academy group will consist of 30 students who will be guided personally by me in a 12 week course designed to teach the fundamentals of music theory and ear training.
The course will include:
- How to play music by ear with proven aural skills techniques.
- Learning the fundamentals of music theory including chords, scales, modes and functional harmony.
- How to read and play chord charts with ease.
- How to put these skills into action by composing music and writing songs.
- Techniques of improvisation that will make you sound like a pro.
- And much, much more …
You do not need to know how to read music to understand and benefit from this academy. In fact we will learn and discuss many music reading techniques throughout the 12 weeks.
Also, each self-paced module will include:
- 10-minute video lessons.
- Worksheets and exercises designed for each lesson.
- Interactive quizzes to test your understanding of the materials.
- A step-by-step checklist to ensure you are getting every detail in order.
- A proven method of building upon each lesson to ensure mastery of the information.
Finally, and this is the best part, as a member of the beta academy group you will receive 12 weekly live video and audio group lessons.
In each of the 12 live sessions we will discuss:
- Review the materials from the self-paced lessons for the current week.
- An open question and answer session to ensure every student understands and masters the concepts of the lessons.
- An opportunity to request any information you feel should be included in the modules.
- Direct access to Leon via Skype during pre-planned “office hours” as well as an opportunity to schedule short meetings to clear up any questions during the week.
In order for me to make the academy as good and as powerful of a teaching tool as I possibly can, I will need your help. Please take a few minutes and answer a few simple questions in this survey:
After I collect your questions and comments I will release a preliminary course outline and syllabus on July 8th.
I can’t wait to hear your feedback on this. If you have been struggling to comprehend and navigate the jungle of information on music theory and ear training let me know your most burning and difficult questions in the survey or the comments below.
Thanks for following the One Minute Music Lesson,
Enjoyed This Post? Then signup for the free One Minute Music Lesson newsletter and receive a FREE copy of “How to Read Music.”
Need More Help? Email Leon any questions you have about reading music, music theory or anything else music-related and get the answers you’ve been searching for.